Friday, May 18, 2012

A Product Review: Enjoy Life Crunchy Cookies!!

Happy Friday to you all!!


Recently, I received a generous package from Enjoy Life Foods - not one, not two, not three, but four boxes of cookies! You all know how much I love cookies (my favorite baked goodie to make!), so needless to say, I was very excited to find this package at my doorstep.

Inside the package was a box of each of the four flavors of Crunchy Cookies made by Enjoy Life: Vanilla Honey Graham, Chocolate Chip, Double Chocolate, and Sugar Crisp.

When I opened the package, I tried one of each of the four flavors right away. Yes, that's right. I ate four cookies in one sitting. Oops. :) I wasn't too worried though because each cookie only has about 55 - 60 calories. Not too bad at all!


Now I should probably be honest here and say that typically speaking, crunchy cookies are not my favorite. I tend to prefer chewy cookies. However, these crunchy cookies totally took me by surprise. I loved them! Seriously. The flavor of each kind was excellent. And the cookies were certainly crunchy but they were not dry (I think that's why I usually don't love crunchy cookies; they're often dry). These were fabulous!


The vanilla honey graham reminded me of graham crackers, of course, but it had so much flavor with the added hints of vanilla and honey.


The sugar crisp was also excellent! This cookie was a bit thicker and slightly more "hardy" than the vanilla honey graham. A great take on the classic sugar cookie that everyone seems to love!


And you obviously can never go wrong with chocolate. Both the double chocolate and chocolate chip flavors were great. I haven't done this yet, but I could easily see someone enjoying dunking either of these two flavors in a nice, tall, cold glass of milk.  Just sayin'....



If you remember my post about the Enjoy Life chocolate chunks, then you probably remember that Enjoy Life makes all-natural foods that are free of the eight most common allergens (wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish, and shellfish). How awesome is that? That fact makes these cookies enjoyable for most everyone, and that is a fabulous quality in a cookie, I must say.

The next time you're in the store and you see Enjoy Life crunchy cookies on the shelf, I definitely recommend that you buy a box (or two or three...). They're a great treat to have on hand at home, and they're friendly to anyone who may have allergies, which is a huge bonus in my book! As a baker, it can be challenging at times to make cookies to meet everyone's special dietary needs. But with Enjoy Life cookies, that's one less thing I have to worry about because they do the allergen-free baking for me!

It was reeeeally hard for me to decide which flavor was my favorite while taste testing these. And I did my due diligence to try to determine the one I liked best, don't you worry. Since receiving this package a couple weeks ago, I've literally been eating at least one cookie (sometimes two, but shhhh) after lunch at work each day. I think the winner of my favorite contest might be the vanilla honey graham. SO yummy. But then again, maybe I should just do a little more research to be sure of that... ;)

Oh, and by the way, Cupcake Camp is just around the corner!! I'm super excited for the event this coming Monday night. You can read my mini "bio" as an amateur baker here if you'd like. And Boston friends, I look forward to seeing some of you there as we swim in a sea of delicious cupcakes!!!!!



(I'll be making something similar for Cupcake Camp!)

No comments:

Post a Comment