Monday, August 20, 2012

No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Balls

This isn't the first time that I've mentioned that it's been a hooooot summer in Boston this year. And this isn't the first time that I've told you that I haven't been baking nearly as much as I normally would, partially due to the heat and partially due to my hectic schedule. Well, if you're also dealing with summer heat and a super busy schedule, then this recipe is for you! It could not be any easier.


The recipe for these treats is from one of my favorite blogs, Taste and Tell. If you don't know Deborah's blog yet, you must go check it out! She shares wonderful recipes on her blog, and in my opinion, a lot of her recipes are great for families and people with busy schedules. So definitely check out Taste and Tell! Now, onto the recipe for these addicting no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookie balls.

Ingredients:

-2 cups rolled oats
-3/4 cup white sugar
-3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
-1 Tbsp. water
-1/2 tsp. vanilla
-1/2 cup butter, softened
-2 Tbsp. peanut butter
-1 cup confectioners' sugar

Instructions:

In a large bowl, combine the oats, sugar, and cocoa powder. With clean hands (or a spatula or spoon), mix in the water, vanilla, butter, and peanut butter to form a dough. Roll the dough into balls that are 1 to 2 inches in diameter. Roll balls in confectioners' sugar until thickly coated. Chill balls for 20 minutes before serving.


I cannot stress how easy these were! And another great feature of this recipe was that it uses very typical ingredients. For me, they're ingredients that I always have on hand, so I could whip these up at any time. And isn't that a dangerous thought?! ;)


Deliciously addicting!


I made about 16 balls from this recipe.


Of note, when I first mixed all the ingredients together to form a dough, I was a little concerned that the dough wouldn't stick together well. But, it did! As soon as I began forming the dough into balls, it stuck together just fine. So, if you have the same thought, don't worry! If for some reason you are having a hard time getting the dough to stay together, I'd recommend just adding more water, a teaspoon or two at a time.


I shared these treats with Mike's frisbee team at their tournament over the weekend, and they were a big hit! I'm glad I tried one when I first made them because they were gone pretty darn quickly!

You must save this recipe and try these no-bake balls at your next gathering. I promise you that they'll be extremely popular! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment