Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dark Chocolate Chip Brownies


Remember last week when I shared that deeelicious recipe for homemade chocolate oreo ice cream? Well, this post is all about the perfect item to pair with that ice cream. Today I have for you a super easy recipe for dark chocolate chip brownies. If you don't agree that brownies and ice cream go together, well then...you might want to switch to reading a different blog. ;)

Haha, just kidding!! Stay here. But honestly, who doesn't love brownies and ice cream together?!?

As I mentioned in my post about the ice cream recipe last week, I had plans to make the ice cream two weekends in a row. And that I did. I made the chocolate oreo ice cream for dessert when Mike and I celebrated his birthday (happy belated b'day, Mike! :)) and Father's Day together with his parents this past weekend. To go with the ice cream, I made these brownies. Talk about a classic pairing!


This brownie recipe is a slight variation on the "best brownies" that I've previously posted on the blog. If you've ever looked for an easy, yet delicious, from scratch brownie recipe, look no further. The basic recipe for these is great! It's my go-to brownie recipe when I need to make a batch in a flash. What I love about this recipe is that it's a one dish, no fuss recipe. You don't even need an electric mixer. There is honestly nothing not to love about this recipe!

The ingredients below are specific to this variation of dark chocolate chip brownies.

Ingredients:

-1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
-3 large eggs
-1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
-1 cup granulated sugar
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1/4 tsp. baking soda
-1 and 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 13 x 9 baking pan. Melt the stick of butter and 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips in a heavy duty, medium-large saucepan (I used a 2-quart pan) over low heat. Stir until smooth.

Remove pan from heat, and let sit for a couple minutes. Add the eggs to the pan and stir. Next, stir in the flour, sugar, vanilla, and baking soda until smooth. Stir in the 1 and 1/2 cups of dark chocolate chips.

Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 18 - 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan before cutting into squares. Makes 24 - 30 brownies, depending on the size you cut them.



The inside of these brownies was moist and dense. Perfection, in my mind!


You know, you could easily make these brownies into "dark dark" chocolate chip brownies by substituting 1 cup of dark chocolate chips for the semi-sweet chips. I'm a huge fan of dark chocolate, so I may just have to do that next time!


And as I said, we enjoyed the brownies with some homemade chocolate oreo ice cream served over top.



What's not to love about this?!

Exactly.


(image source)

(image source)

Hope you're all staying cool in the heat this week! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment