Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Dark Chocolate Brownie Cups



I'm sorry I haven't been around lately with a yummy recipe to share with you all. Been busy busy! And we were away in NY this past weekend, which means I didn't have time in the kitchen to create any new recipes. However, as soon as I returned I got right back to it! And the first thing I made was these absolutely delectable peanut butter cup stuffed dark chocolate brownies. Yep, I did that.


I'd had this box of brownie mix sitting around for a while so I felt like using it...


And I also had these Reese's peanut butter cups lying around (bought in an after-Easter 50% off sale, woohoo!)...

So I thought, why not put the two together? And the result? Perfection.

And the recipe itself could not be any simpler.

Ingredients:

-1 box brownie mix (any flavor or brand)
-15 (or so) unwrapped peanut butter cups

Instructions:

Unwrap the peanut butter cups. Preheat oven and prepare brownie mix according to directions on the box. I chose to make the "fudge-like" brownies and only added 1 egg (vs. the "cake-like" with 2 eggs). After mixing together the brownies according to the package's directions, line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Spoon one generous tablespoonful of brownie batter into the bottom of each cupcake liner (the batter will be about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way up the liner). Next, place one peanut butter cup in the center of each brownie cup. Finally, place another generous tablespoonful of batter on top of the peanut butter cup until it is covered and the batter fills each muffin cup 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full. Bake (at temperature specified on the brownie box) for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until brownies are "cracked" on top and the batter is cooked through (it will be easy to tell by looking at the brownie cups; however, if you'd prefer, you can also place a toothpick in the outer edge of the brownie to test for doneness - not the middle because that's where the peanut butter cup is!).

After removing the pan from the oven, let the brownies sit in the muffin pan for 3 to 5 minutes before removing and placing on cooling rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.

This recipe made 15 brownie "cups" for me with the 19.8 oz. family size brownie mix.


The first layer of brownie batter...



Next - the all-important peanut butter cups!




And lastly, the remaining brownie batter goes on top....





The brownies will indent a bit in the middle. No worries there! It's normal.


I "forced myself" to taste test one (and I really needed to in order to get a picture of the inside!!). This one was fairly fresh out of the oven and oh-so-gooey-and-delicious.


Out of control good, I tell ya!!!



Can't you picture yourself enjoying one of these with a tall, cold glass of milk?! Thought so. Better go get yourself a box of brownie mix and some peanut butter cups... ;)

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, these look INCREDIBLE!!! I can just imagine how delicious every bite is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! Gooey perfection! Putting peanut butter cups inside of brownies makes me wonder about all of the other possibilities- maybe Peppermint Patties? Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete