Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Barbershop's Two Year Blogiversary...er, Anniversary! :)

Hi blog friends! Guess what? I just had my two year blogiversary a couple days and I didn't even realize it! On December 5th, 2009, I published my first recipe on the blog - zucchini muffins, as well as a little "welcome to my blog" message. I'm such a dork. :)


I wasn't really sure what to expect when I started my blog, but I can now say that keeping up with the blog has become a hobby for me that has enhanced my love of baking more than I ever could have imagined! I've published close to 200 posts (not quite all of them are recipes when you include my Friday Favorites, but most of them are!). The blog has become an excellent method for me to chronicle my baking adventures, keep track of my impressions of different recipes (as well as the impressions of the people who help me eat all these creations!! :)), and come to understand and appreciate the craft of baking in a very different way than I probably ever would have if I didn't have this blog. I'm not what I'd call a fancy baker; I don't make pastries, I don't decorate beautiful cakes, and I don't make challenging recipes with unique, rare ingredients. However, a lot of love goes into my baking, and I'm proud of the many recipes I've made over the past two years. Baking is one of my favorite ways to show the special people in my life how much I love and care about them, and although my recipes might not be the fanciest ones out there, I think it's evident that they're made with love as well as my wish that the recipients of my baked goods enjoy eating them as much as I enjoy creating them. :)

In honor of my 2nd blogiversary, I thought I'd share with you ten of my favorite posts to create and/or eat! This is very difficult to do, you know... ;)

In no particular order:



This was a super fun recipe since it was one that I submitted to the Pillsbury Bake-Off! I wasn't a finalist, but everyone to whom I gave these bars looooved them. Too bad Pillsbury didn't. :(  Oh well. You can bet I'll submit a recipe again next year!



This is my most viewed post of all time on the blog, thanks to Pinterest. Somebody out there pinned this picture and it went crazy over Pinterest! This has given me more pageviews that I ever could have imagined. I know that the number of pageviews I get is nothing compared to many other blogs out there, but it makes me excited. :)



I loved this recipe. It was fun to create and especially fun to eat since it was so yummy! If you're a pizza fan and you're not intimidated by making your own dough (it's really not that hard if you are!!), then definitely give this recipe a shot.



This was a favorite recipe because it was so unique! It was my first donut recipe with my awesome donut pan and it turned out wonderfully! I was also proud of my pictures on this post. I don't have a fancy camera or equipment, so I just do the best I can with my little ol' digital camera and natural lighting (if and when it's available).



This was a favorite simply because these scones are sooooo yummy! Pumpkin and cinnamon = a match made in heaven.



I've made these cupcakes several times, and each time, they're a huge success! I've made them for birthdays and different special occasions such as the bridal shower for my good friend, Jenn. :)



I've been making this recipe for years, and I'm still not sick of it! It's definitely my favorite variation on traditional banana bread.



The flavor/ingredient combination in this one is awesome. Bananas. Oatmeal. Chocolate chips. Can't go wrong! And these cookies are on the healthy side too as far as cookies go, so what's not to love about that?



The chocolate stout cupcake recipe from this one is wonderful (if you're looking for a chocolate cake recipe!), and the kahlua cream cheese frosting is out-of-this-world delicious. Enough said!



Spent grain bread is one of my favorite recipes because it combines Mike's main hobby (homebrewing!) and mine (baking, obviously) to create a tasty, hearty homemade bread. 

There you have it! Ten of my favorite recipes from the past two years.

Thanks to everyone for reading my blog and supporting me in my baking adventures! It means a lot to me and keeps me going. :)

♥,
Colleen (aka Barbershop ;))

5 comments:

  1. congrats on 2 great years and TONS of amazing recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog has brought a lot of baking joy to lots of people. You always choose recipes that everyone can do. Your photos are terrific to look at and helpful at the same time. Keep baking and sharing your ideas.
    Congratulations on 2 great years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary Colleen!!! Many, many more to come. :)

    ReplyDelete