Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday Favorites for the Holidays (1st Edition)

Hi friends!

It's been quite some time since I posted my Friday Favorites on the blog. In fact, it's been just over two months since I presented you with Friday Favorites. Whoops! I just felt like I needed a break from it for a bit. But, with the holiday season upon us, I thought it might be fun to bring you some ideas for holiday treats over the next few weeks!

What prompted me to bring you holiday editions of Friday Favorites was a blog post by the Cookin' Canuck that I saw today. This recipe for chocolate covered marshmallow pops needed to be shared with others! It just looks like such a fun, easy homemade goodie for the holidays - one that both kids and adults can enjoy eating and creating!


(photo from Cookin' Canuck)

And I love the three different ideas for flavors - candy cane, heath bar, and coconut. They'd all be great for the holiday season but the candy cane idea is especially festive! You could easily do others too - maybe colored sprinkles or chopped nuts?

Another great holiday recipe is this one for peppermint snickerdoodles that I saw a couple weeks ago on Taste and Tell. I saved it to one of my boards on Pinterest so that I wouldn't forget it!


(photo from Taste and Tell)

Don't those look sooo good? I've made variations on snickerdoodles before (maplepumpkin) but I don't know if I would have thought to make peppermint ones!!! Brilliant! Be sure to head on over to Taste and Tell to check out the ingredient list too. There are only 5 items required to make these delicious little gems!

Finally, brought to you by the always creative Real Simple, here are two fun ideas for dispensing ribbon (if you are one of those people who loves ribbon for gift wrapping or crafts!!).





I just love simple yet useful ideas like this, don't you?!?

Happy holiday season, all. :) I hope to have more fun, easy, festive ideas and recipes for you over the course of the next few weeks!

4 comments:

  1. So many great holiday ideas, I barely know where to start! (Probably with those chocolate covered marshmallows...YUM.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love those ideas for hanging ribbon and keeping it organized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen, I love your Friday favorite picks. All are great ideas for Christmas. This is my first visit to your blog and I'll definitely be back. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary! Thanks for stopping by :) Your blog is awesome too - I just checked it out! Take care, and I'll be sure to visit your blog often too!

    ReplyDelete