Friday, January 11, 2013

Happy Birthday to Two Wonderful Ladies!

 TGIF to you! :)

So in case you hadn't noticed, I don't have any new recipes for you this week. I am sorry! Heck, I haven't even had one new recipe for you yet in 2013. Oops. 

Although I have been cooking and baking thus far in the new year, I've been either making old recipes (ahem - pecan, cranberry, cinnamon chip cookies and Bailey's balls) or recipes that aren't "exciting" enough for the blog. Instead of posting about food today, I thought I'd take this opportunity to highlight two of the most special women in my life - my mother and grandmother!! Both of them have birthdays this coming week, so I wanted to send them special birthday wishes via my blog.

Here's a picture of my grandmother and me, toasting with a little champagne (in coffee cups :)) the morning of our wedding. Love her!


My mother and me, putting on my jewelry for the wedding. I just love this picture! And my veil was my mom's veil that she wore on her wedding day 33 years earlier. :)


Both my mother and grandmother have been tremendous influences on me, and as I've gotten older, I've noticed more and more qualities, tendencies, and mannerisms in myself that I see in both of them. And that makes me extremely proud and thankful. 


My grandmother wrote a book last year! How awesome is that?! Let me know if you're interested in a copy. ;) Reading her book, a memoir, made me admire her even more. She has accomplished so much in her lifetime!

I cannot say enough positive things about my mom and grandma. Both of them have spent countless hours over the years caring for their families and giving to others. They are two of the most thoughtful, selfless, and kind people you'll ever meet. And they have both been amazing mothers and role models to me, my siblings, and all our extended family... I just can't say enough! I hope that I will be half as good a mother to my children some day as they both have been to me and our family.


And, my mother and grandmother have greatly influenced me in terms of my love for cooking and baking! They have many talents in the kitchen, and I've enjoyed so many wonderful meals and baked goodies made by them over the years. I am very grateful that I've developed a passion for being in the kitchen, and I look forward to many more years of cooking and baking, hopefully making delicious meals (and perhaps some not-so-good-for-you baked goodies :)) for my own family!

Wishing these two lovely, special women in my life wonderful birthdays next week! I love you both!

Thanks for reading along with my non-food post today, friends. I wish you all an awesome weekend, and I'll be back next week with a new recipe for you, I promise! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment