Thursday, September 16, 2010

Whole Wheat Banana Muffins


 I have another fall-ish recipe for you!  Whole wheat banana muffins...  Actually, to be fair, I don't always consider banana to just be a fall flavor, but as I made these muffins, the delicious cinnamon aroma that accompanied them while baking did make me associate them with fall...and that cinnamon aroma continued to stay with the muffins a few days afterward too.  Perfect. :)

This recipe is from a favorite blog of mine, Our Best Bites.  I've shared a couple frosting recipes with you from this blog (which have become go-to frosting recipes too! one is vanilla and one is chocolate).  Judging by the thousands of followers Our Best Bites has and by the success I've had with their recipes in the past, I thought this muffin recipe might be a winner too...and I was right!  These were very flavorful, moist, hearty, and just plain yummy.  You can find the recipe for the whole wheat banana muffins here.


I used some fun autumn muffin/cupcake liners!  Love these.




Here are some mini muffins, fresh out of the oven! Who can resist a yummy mini muffin?! I can't...

This was a very simple recipe overall.  No fancy ingredients or techniques necessary!  The original recipe actually calls for adding pecans too, but I don't always add nuts to recipes, and I chose not to with this one.  I guess I just wasn't craving a crunchy muffin!

These muffins really helped me to get in the mood for fall, my favorite season.  I just love it!  I know that in my last post I said I was going to try my hand at homemade cider donuts.  I haven't forgotten, don't you worry!  At some point this fall I'll be making them; I'm just not sure when quite yet. ;-)

I need your opinion...  Flash or no flash with these photos below?  Which do you prefer?  I think I know what I like, but I'd like your opinion too...please and thanks. :)



Talk to you again soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try this recipe this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete