Thursday, September 30, 2010

Butternut Squash Apple Soup


Hello!!! My favorite month, October, arrives tomorrow. :) In honor of this wonderful month, I thought I'd post a very appropriate autumn recipe...butternut squash apple soup! This recipe is definitely a keeper!

I'll skip the chatting and just get right to the recipe. It's from Health magazine, and you can read it here! I love that it's low-cal and good for you. :)

Here are some pictures of the process.




The chopped squash and apple, ready for the stove.


The mini chopper was super helpful for finely chopping the onion!




Simmering away...


Next, everything goes in the blender to puree the veggies! You also add evaporated milk at this stage to thicken the soup a bit.

And here you go - deeelicious butternut squash apple soup! Piece of cake! It truly is a very simple and incredibly tasty recipe.


A tip I learned about cutting butternut squash after I made this (I'll know for next time now!). Apparently it's much easier to work with if you microwave the squash first for a few minutes (pierce it with a knife in several places before microwaving). Then you can peel and chop it much more easily. This type of squash is a tricky bugger, so this is a great tip!

I made homemade apple cider donuts tonight, also in honor of October beginning tomorrow. They are soooo darn good. Stay tuned for that recipe! See you again soon, hopefully. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment