Saturday, September 11, 2010

No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies


Hi there! It's time for the Barbershop to share a quick and easy recipe that doesn't even involve baking! One of my favorite blogs is Brown Eyed Baker, and one of the most popular recipes on that site is the recipe I'm about to share for no-bake chocolate, peanut butter, and oatmeal cookies. These are sooo easy, it's not even funny. Start to finish (and by finish, I mean, these cookies were ready to eat!) was about 30 to 35 minutes. And that even involved the extra time I took to snap a few pictures along the way. ;-)

You can find the recipe here. It involves just seven simple ingredients (ones that you likely have on hand already too; I love that!). A few pictures are below for your enjoyment.

Cookie sheets, ready with the wax paper!


Beginning to cook ingredients on the stove...





Here's the final mix. Yummm.

The next step is placing "dollops" on the wax paper and then letting them cool and harden. Once I placed them on the wax paper, they were ready in about 15 - 20 minutes or so. And you could even put them in the fridge or freezer to speed up that process!




This made almost three dozen cookies for me.


I was trying to get a good shot of the cookies stacked up on a plate... I never know if a flash or no flash is better with food pictures (you may have noticed that I often include pictures with and without a flash in my blog posts). So you'll have to bear with me with my amateur photography skills! I actually thought this picture below looked cool though, with the shadow of the cookies in the background there.


So the next time you need a fast and delicious treat, I encourage you to try these no-bake cookies! They are very yummy, and I guarantee that if you share them with others, they'll be gobbled up in no time. That was the case with my coworkers. :)

See you!

1 comment: