Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Easy Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip


I'm all about easy recipes this week. First, I give you homemade peanut butter. It's a recipe that can be made with only one ingredient. ONE. And now, I bring you another peanut butter recipe: peanut butter yogurt dip. I have to warn you though that there are more ingredients in this recipe than in the homemade peanut butter. Wait for it...

There are four ingredients in this one.

I know. So many!! ;)

There are a number of recipes around the web for peanut butter yogurt dip. After looking at a few, I settled on adapting a recipe from Nutritious Eats. This recipe actually only calls for three ingredients, but I added a fourth. So, this could be a three ingredient recipe if you want! I'll list the ingredients I used below and then will chat about ways you could change it up...

Ingredients:

-6 to 8 oz. plain or vanilla yogurt
-1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
-1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed (e.g., Cool Whip)
-1 to 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar (optional)

Instructions:

In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt and peanut butter until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping. If this mixture does not meet your sweetness preferences, add powdered sugar until the dip is as sweet as you'd like it to be.

Serve with fruit (e.g., apples, strawberries, bananas), graham crackers, cookies, etc. Store dip in airtight container in fridge.


Could it get any easier?! Not really!

As I mentioned above, only add the powdered sugar if the dip isn't sweet enough for you. I used plain yogurt (this kind from Stonyfield), so I thought the powdered sugar would add just the right touch of sweetness, and it did. If you use vanilla yogurt, which tends to be a little sweeter, you may not need the powdered sugar.

I think it would be great to try this with Greek yogurt for an added protein punch! Greek yogurt would make the dip thicker too. The recipe in general is really so flexible. Add more peanut butter if you want it more peanut buttery. And more cool whip if you want it lighter and fluffier. Play around with it to see what you like best!


Although I don't have kids, this certainly seems like a great snack for kiddos, doesn't it?

And it's a great low-guilt dessert option too. I've definitely enjoyed some dip with a few strawberries and graham crackers the past couple nights for my dessert. :) 


The dip is very smooth and creamy, and it has a mild hint of peanut butter. The peanut butter taste is definitely there, but it's not overwhelming. You can easily increase the amount of peanut butter you add though to make that flavor really come through!


On a non-peanut butter note, I wanted to say that I will be scaling down on my blog posts going forward. I've never been a super frequent blogger (usually I post about three times a week). With a full time job and a busy schedule in general, blogging is a hobby for me that I enjoy on the side. I'm not doing it to make any money, and I don't have thousands of pageviews a day or a ton of comments from readers on each post. I really do enjoy blogging; it's a fun way to keep track of recipes and connect with other food lovers, but I just don't have the time I wish I had to be more devoted to my blog (nor do I have plans to make that time, at least not right now). So, I am likely going to be scaling down to just one or two posts a week. If you're a regular reader, thank you for stopping by as often as you do. It honestly means so much to me. Connecting with readers and knowing there are people out there who read my posts (and sometimes even make my recipes!) are my favorite aspects of blogging. There would likely be no "What's Baking in the Barbershop?!" if it weren't for you!

So, thank you. I really appreciate you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment