Monday, October 22, 2012

Pumpkin Banana Smoothie



I have been on such a smoothie kick lately, and I'd be remiss if I didn't share my latest favorite smoothie recipe with all of you. I've made this almost every day for the past week. That's how much I love it. :)

The ingredients are very simple (and also very healthy!). The proportions I'm about to share with you are approximate though. I don't really measure when I make this...sorry. :(  But what's great about smoothies is that the ingredients don't have to be exact! And you can change the amount of one ingredient or another to make the smoothie to your own personal liking.

Ingredients:

-1 medium to large banana, sliced and frozen
-1/4 to 1/3 cup pure pumpkin
-2/3 to 3/4 cup milk (I usually use 1%, but any kind will do)
-1/3 to 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
-generous dash of cinnamon

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend away! Enjoy. ;)


You may remember that earlier this fall I posted another recipe for a pumpkin smoothie that is actually very similar to this one. The main difference between that smoothie and this one is the addition of the frozen banana. This is key! I looove this smoothie with the banana in it. The frozen banana eliminates the need for any ice. And it adds a ton of potassium too. ;) I actually have frozen, sliced bananas in my freezer all the time. Whenever I have bananas that are too ripe for eating (but just right for baking!), I slice and freeze them if I don't have the time right then to bake with them. Then when I am ready to bake with them, I just thaw them. Oooor, when I want to make a smoothie like this one, I just use the banana as is! Sliced and frozen.


Isn't this a fun glass? We received these glasses as part of an awesome Goose Island beer pairing dinner we attended a couple weeks ago at Petit Robert Central in Boston. What a fabulous dinner! The glass makes my smoothie feel a little more fancy, don't you think? ;)



♥ 11 days!!!!!! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment