Thursday, February 3, 2011

Butternut Squash Dip


Greetings and happy February! I have a fun recipe for you here that doesn't involve baking! In fact, it doesn't even involve the stove or oven at all!! All you need is your handy dandy microwave. ;-) This is a recipe for a deeeelicious dip made with butternut squash. I made this for the first time for our New Year's Eve gathering and have been meaning to share it with you ever since then! I fell in love with this dip immediately. Why? Well, there are a few reasons...  First of all, it's YUMMY. It's so yummy that it's addicting. Seriously. Secondly, it's EASY. So easy. Thirdly, it's fairly healthy! Well, it's healthy in the sense that it contains the nutrient-laden veggie of butternut squash. Two of the other ingredients, parmesan cheese and sour cream, may not be so healthy themselves...but if you enjoy this in moderation, you're still going to gain the benefits of the squash but not too many calories!

As I said, this recipe is simple. It involves:

Microwaving frozen butternut squash.


Mixing that with sour cream, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.




EATING.

That's it!

Oh, and here's the actual recipe I followed so you know the measurements when you're making this yourself. :) I know you're going to!!

Here are a couple pics of the dip and several other goodies we had for NYE (over a month ago now!).



I have had this dip cold, at room temp, and warm. It's delicious any way, I promise you! I still can't decide which is my favorite. I've served this with crackers and veggies so far. I haven't served it with bread yet, so I'll have to do that next time (maybe a sliced, toasted baguette would be yummy?!). As I said above, it's addicting. Watch out!!


Mmmmmmm.

I'm off to sunny California first thing tomorrow morning to run a half marathon this weekend! It'll probably be a week or so until I can blog again, but I look forward to bringing you another tasty Barbershop treat soon. As usual, I have several waiting on deck!

Oh, one more thing...  I'd love your opinion on my new blog layout and design! I thought I'd change it up a bit. It's still not definite that I'll keep this, but I'd love your thoughts to help me make my decision. Thanks!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment