Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Fall Classic: Apple Crisp


Mmmm, apple crisp. One of the best culinary delights of the fall, I think. It's so delicious, simple, and I don't know...just wonderful. :)

I tried a new recipe this fall - one from Cooking Light, my favorite! The recipe I followed is called maple walnut apple crisp, but I omitted the walnuts, so mine was just the maple apple crisp. I had never added maple syrup to apple crisp before, but what a brilliant idea!! I also added two sliced pears to this recipe, so I guess my version would technically be maple apple pear crisp. ;-) Oh, and I used whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose.

Some photos for you!


I used three different kinds of apples from Drew Farms, my boss Gina's orchard. Delicious! The three kinds were McIntosh, Cortland, and Ozark Gold.




I love the specks of cinnamon you can see on the apple and pear slices! I also added a little nutmeg and cloves. :)





(this is a dish of both my apple pear crisp and a friend's peach cobbler...both were mmmm, mmmm good)


Yummm is all I have to say about that!!! Talk to you again soon, hopefully. Sorry for the delay between my last post and this one. I've had a few "life" things get in the way and a few blog technical glitches too!


No comments:

Post a Comment