Wednesday, December 30, 2009

French Breakfast Puffs

Tonight I made a super simple breakfast treat from my Betty Crocker cookbook... French Breakfast Puffs. I made them to bring up to Vermont, where we're spending New Year's with some friends. I also made the Grasshopper Brownies for the same reason...to bring to VT. We'll be eating some tasty baked goods as we ring in the new year!
The French Breakfast Puffs are essentially a ball of dough covered in melted butter, cinnamon, and sugar. How can you go wrong with that combo?!? They're best eaten while warm, so if you don't eat them right after you make them, zap them in the microwave for 15 seconds or so, grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea, and you're good to go! :)
Another nice thing about this recipe is that it uses typical ingredients you often have on hand in the house...flour, sugar, eggs, milk, etc. Even better that you can make them at anytime!
As you can see from these pictures, I made two different sized puffs this time around...some I made in a regular sized muffin pan and some I made in a mini muffin pan. The smaller ones are almost like little cinnamon sugar donut holes!
The next couple pictures are from the steps you take after the puffs are baked... Immediately after taking them out of the oven, roll each one in melted butter and then in a cinnamon sugar mixture. Be careful though; they are hot!
And finally, a picture of the cinnamon and sugar before I mixed the two together thoroughly...love these two ingredients!! :)
Now go make yourself a delicious breakfast treat of cinnamon sugary goodness!

1 comment: