Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Few Recent Recipes (before the blog came into existence :))

I thought I'd share some recent recipes that I've made...but, sadly, I don't have pictures of these since these were BB (Before Blogging)! Nonetheless, here you go... :)
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Squares
My friend Elizabeth and I had a baking day this past fall, and this was one of the recipes we made. Neither of us could get enough of them!!!! Yummmm. They're actually not incredibly pumpkin-y tasting (good news for those of you who aren't big pumpkin fans). But, they are SO moist and delicious still....and incredibly easy to make too! Here's the recipe: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Squares
Warm Gingerbread with Lemon Glaze
I made this as a Thanksgiving dessert this year as an alternative to the traditional turkey day pie desserts. It is a recipe from my "Best of Cooking Light" cookbook. Along with the cake, I made homemade whipped cream. Serve a slice of this cake warm with a dollop of the whipped cream. It's a nice, classic dessert for the winter time, I think. P.S. The picture here is not of the cake I made...but it looked similar! :)
Monkey Bread
This is AMAZINGly good!!! I've made it a couple times when it has been my turn to bring in breakfast for our lab meetings at work on Friday mornings. It's gone in no time at all! All of my coworkers love it. It's also a Cooking Light recipe, so you don't have to feel too guilty about eating it... ;-)
This is the easy, quick recipe: Monkey Bread
And here's a picture (again, not mine though!).

No comments:

Post a Comment