Friday, May 11, 2012

Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese Quesadillas

This past Monday night I went to Whole Foods with a "semi-plan" of what I was going to make for dinner that night. I knew I wanted to buy some Ducktrap smoked salmon because it was on sale (and because Mike and I love smoked salmon!), and I knew what vegetables I already had on hand that I wanted to incorporate into dinner. And the rest was just on a whim! And it ended up turning out pretty well - in the form of these smoked salmon and goat cheese quesadillas. :)


Whole Foods just so happened to be having a lot of items to sample, so I made my way down the line and had several pre-dinner mini snacks. :-D One of those tasty snacks was some delicious Vermont Creamery herbed goat cheese that you see pictured below. Now, this cheese wasn't on sale but after tasting it, I couldn't resist buying some... I normally really limit myself to only items that are on sale (unless they're reasonably priced staple items), but this time I broke my unwritten rule and I bought the full-price goat cheese. Whoops! Oh well, what can I say? Sometimes you just have to give into your taste buds.


I also bought some whole wheat wraps, and at home already I had a tomato and a pretty ripe avocado that I wanted to use. And together, all these items made a pretty fabulous, easy meal!

The recipe below serves two people.

Ingredients:

-2 tortilla wraps (flavor of your choice)
-1 ripe avocado, sliced
-1 large tomato, sliced
-smoked salmon
-goat cheese, plain or herbed
-butter or margarine

Instructions:

On one half of each tortilla wrap, layer the ingredients. I started with the tomato slices, then the avocado, and then some goat cheese. Next I added the salmon (I happened to buy a full, smoked fillet - so I just "shredded" the salmon fillet with a fork and put the pieces in the wrap).

Preheat a frying pan to medium heat. Fold the empty side of the tortilla over the other half, and spread butter or margarine (you only need a little!) on the outside of one half and put the wrap, buttered side down, in the pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the outside of the quesadilla is a nice light golden brown. Flip the quesadilla and cook the other side, another 2 to 3 minutes until that side is light golden brown too. Slice into thirds or quarters and serve!





I only ate two thirds of my quesadilla. These wraps were huge!


The combination of ingredients in these quesadillas was awesome! I was really happy with how these turned out. Personally, I think the secret ingredient was the goat cheese. :)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment