Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day...And a New Blogging Venture!

Hey friends and happy Valentine's Day! I have a few recipes waiting in the wings to share with you, but I have been right out straight these past several days and literally haven't had any spare time to prepare the blog posts. But in the meantime, I wanted to wish you all a lovely Valentine's Day! Whether you have a significant other or not, I think Valentine's Day is a wonderful holiday to celebrate the people you love and let them know how much they mean to you. I feel so blessed to be celebrating Valentine's this year with my fiance, Mike. Next year on this holiday I will call him my husband. Wow!! ♥


I'm not going to bombard you with Valentine's ideas for sweet treats to make since it is the night before, after all...and if you're making a delectable dessert for the holiday, chances are you already have your recipe! But I bet there's a chance that some of you out there might be scrambling for last minute gift ideas, so I have a fun one for you.

Check out this link (which has several great ideas), and in particular, look at #10. That's my favorite! You can easily make up all sorts of cute phrases to tell someone how much you care about and love them using food! Candy, snacks, food, etc. etc., etc... I'm telling you, the possibilities are endless. You could...

1) Buy Riesen candies and tell the person all the riesens you love them.
2) Give them nuts because you're nuts about them.
3) Give them a pear and tell them that you make the perfect pear.
4) Or how about an orange...and say "orange you're glad you're my valentine?"
5) I'm bananas over you! (obviously give them a banana :))

These are just a few ideas. And they can work for significant others, family members, kids, coworkers, etc. Anyone would appreciate adorable (and edible!), cute little gifts like these! And I would imagine that if you go to the store and stand in front of any shelf of food or display of candy, you could come up with many more ideas than the few I've listed here. Plays on words like these are some of my favorite things!! Just ask anyone who knows me. I am constantly coming up with puns and plays on words. After writing about this cute gift idea, it's seeming so much fun to me. I am thinking that I may just have to put a last-minute basket of things like this together for Mike.... Hmmmm. Shhh, don't tell!!

And on a completely different note, I wanted to share with you my second blog I just started! It's a blog all about beer.


You likely know, if you're a regular reader, that I am a big fan of craft beer and that Mike and I homebrew together. Well, I thought it would be fun to chronicle our beer adventures together on a blog! So, last week I began "Craft Beer Loving Girl." I'd love for you to check it out! I will probably only post there once a week or so, but you should definitely head on over and let me know what you think. :) I just had a random thought, looking at this picture above. Should I name the blog "Will Run For Beer" instead of "Craft Beer Loving Girl"?? What do you think???

I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day today! I'll be back soon with a delicious recipe for chocolate chunk toffee bars. ;)



4 comments:

  1. My husband will like your second blog! He really loves his Beer... Can't to see your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn’t have done it any better myself. Thumbs up for this post. Bookmarking this on StumbleUpon now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited about your new blog! bakery and beer- pretty good combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you bunches, Barbershop! (Bunches of what, though?!)

    ReplyDelete