Monday, February 20, 2012

Hershey Kiss Pretzel Bites


Hello! Do I have an easy recipe for you. This recipe for Hershey Kiss Pretzel Bites is actually a variation on a "classic" - Rolo Pretzel Bites. I've seen the Rolo ones quite often, and I've made them too but that was quite some time ago. Thankfully I recently remembered them though! A few weeks ago I wanted to make a super simple and yummy sweet treat to enjoy with friends as we watched the Super Bowl. I didn't have Rolos on hand, but I did have Hershey Kisses! And so, the Hershey Kiss Pretzel Bites were born.


You can make these with the Snap pretzels like I have here, or you could just use regular mini pretzels.

Preheat your oven to about 300 degrees. Top each pretzel with one candy of your choice, a Hershey Kiss or a Rolo.


Bake in the oven for only 3 - 5 minutes, checking on them after 3 minutes. Basically you just want the candies to become slightly melty, like these kisses below.


While they're in the oven, make sure your "toppings" are all ready to go. A popular topping with Rolos is pecans, as you see here:


(photo source)


I decided to top mine with almonds and dark chocolate m&m's. I specifically picked out the red and blue ones from the bag since the Giants and Pats were playing in the Super Bowl! And on a side note, woohoo for the Giants winning!


Okay, back to business. Right when you take the pretzels out of the oven, immediately press one (or two) m&m's, or an almond, or whatever you're using, down in the center of the Hershey Kiss. And that's it! Let them cool completely, and store them in an airtight container. As you can see above, on some of these I put a pretzel m&m. :)



This would be a great recipe to involve the kids too! They could easily help with placing the kisses on the pretzels or the m&m's/nuts on top of the kisses once they're out of the oven. Be careful though as you eat these... You should know that it's really hard to eat just one.

:)

2 comments:

  1. Just so we're clear, these are almost TOO dangerously easy. And DEFINITELY dangerously delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Kids will love this :D

    ReplyDelete