Monday, July 11, 2011

Crushed Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies


Oreos. Everyone loves 'em. Well, everyone I know loves 'em. ;-) I found some "old" oreos in my cupboard (they weren't stale, but they'd been there for several months), so since I clearly wasn't gobbling them up as is, I figured they should go into a cookie. Never let anything go to waste! 



I had seen a recipe a little while ago on the blog "Lovin' From the Oven" for chocolate chip oreo cookies, and I knew that the oreos I had were destined to go into such a delicious cookie.

Man oh man, were these cookies good! They were a big hit with everyone with whom I shared them. They were super soft and chewy in the middle and slightly crispy around the edges. Mmmm, mmmm good. With a tall glass of cold milk? Even better. Here's the recipe for you!

Ingredients:

-1 stick butter, softened
-6 Tbsp. sugar
-6 Tbsp. brown sugar
-1 egg
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 and 1/4 cups flour
-1/2 tsp. baking soda
-1/2 tsp. salt
-11 Oreo cookies, broken/crushed (I used 9 or 10, which equaled about 1 and 1/3 cups)
-1 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet and more like 3/4 cup)


Instructions:

Crush your oreos. :) I put mine, about 4 or 5 at a time, in a small ziploc baggie and "beat them" with the back of a wooden spoon. Grease cookie sheets and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream the butter and sugars until well combined. Add the egg and vanilla until incorporated.

Place the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, and whisk until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix well until combined. Stir in the oreos and chocolate chips until just mixed in.



Scoop onto cookie sheet in desired size, and bake for 9 - 11 minutes until cooked but still soft. Let sit on sheet for a couple minutes before removing to cooling rack.


ENJOY!





Isn't this serving tray cute? My mom gave it to me. Thanks, Mom! It's right up my alley, obviously. ;-)

I hope to be back again soon with another yummy Barbershop recipe!

5 comments:

  1. This is really interesting, using cookies to make cookies. And you used double stuf oreo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe we have not one oreo cookie in the house? I'll have to add them to the shopping list. Everyone will love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - THAT IS GENIUS! And here I thought the goodness of oreos stopped at the cookie itself :) Those looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best use of oreos. EVER. You know what would make them even better though? Stuffing some cookies n cream ice cream in the middle of them and making ice cream sandwiches. Moan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE every one of your blogs! There just aren't enough hours in the day to try out all of your delicious recipes!! Thanks so much for sharing all of your wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete