Friday, March 12, 2010

Banana Soft Serve



Hello friends! "Long time" no post (long time = 5 days). Sorry about that! I hope you've had a good week. I wanted to share the latest dessert to come out of the Barbershop...but first, I have to warn you that it does not require any baking! And even crazier, it only requires one ingredient. ONE! :)  

Yesterday, my friend Jenn posted some fabulous ideas for easy, healthy snacks on her blog. One idea for a healthy snack was banana soft serve. I clicked on the link Jenn provided, and the title of the post from another blog was "This Post Will Change Your Life." That's pretty serious sounding, I'd say! With a title like that, I knew that I just had to try it. So tonight, I made my own banana soft serve by following
this recipe from a blog entitled "Choosing Raw."

Since I mentioned earlier that this recipe only requires one ingredient, and since the title of my post is "Banana Soft Serve," I bet you can figure out what that one ingredient is... BANANAS!! But, they must be frozen bananas, fyi. Here's what you do... :)

Take a few frozen bananas (tonight I used two), and put them in a food processor. I cut them up into 1-inch, or so, sized pieces first (didn't put the bananas in whole!). 


Turn on the processor and let it run for a minute or two, stopping to scrape down the sides every now and then. The recipe actually says to let the processor run for five minutes, but honestly, the soft serve looked to be the correct consistency after only about two minutes! 



So I actually ran it in 30-second increments or so, scraping in between each one. Perhaps the consistency would have been a bit lighter had I run the processor longer, but I really liked the consistency that mine was tonight! 


I only ate half since eating the whole batch would have meant eating two whole bananas, and I didn't need to do that tonight! I did, however, "dress up" the soft serve by adding a dollop of fat-free, sugar-free cool whip and a drizzle of Hershey's syrup.



Yummmmmm. Seriously. It was such a delicious, guilt-free treat!! I would HIGHLY recommend you try it...SOON. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment