Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January: National Oatmeal Month!

 Happy mid-week!

Hope you are having a great week so far. I don't know about you, but it's a tough transition back to full work weeks after the holidays... What's this five day work week thing?! :)

Something that helps me get through long weeks is food! I realize that's somewhat obvious, so let me explain... Good food helps me get through long weeks for a couple reasons: 1) It energizes me! I feel better when I eat good, healthy, delicious food. 2) I look forward to good food! That's the emotional side of it, I guess. I love thinking about meals that I'll have later that day or week. If the night before I have a plan for what I'm going to eat the next day for breakfast, or if I know ahead of time what Mike and I will be eating for a weeknight dinner together, that makes me happy. I really look forward to a good meal!

Where am I going with this? Well, January happens to be National Oatmeal Month! And oatmeal happens to be a type of food that I look forward to eating. :) And it's so nutritious too!! For fun, I thought I'd share with you a few of my favorite oatmeal recipes that I have on the blog.



Another awesome breakfast recipe! Easy and healthy too.



I love these no-bake balls for a healthy snack!



I haven't made this recipe in a while, but now that I'm sharing it with you again, I'm remembering how much I loved these little breakfast cakes!



This is such a great breakfast recipe. With only about 3 minutes of prep time at night, you can have an easy, filling, healthy breakfast ready for you in the morning.




Definitely one of my favorite breakfasts!!



I love putting oats in my smoothies!

I tried to mostly share oatmeal recipes that are more for breakfast here, even though I have several dessert recipes on the blog that involve oatmeal! I couldn't resist just sharing a couple with you...





What about you? Do you have some favorite oatmeal recipes??!

And on that note, I'm looking forward to eating my overnight oats this morning... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment