Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes


PUMPKIN! I've been cooking or baking with it at least a couple times a week thus far this fall...and you can bet that I'll continue making many yummy pumpkin dishes. I just can't get enough! This past weekend I actually had time on Saturday morning to make a slightly more time consuming breakfast, so I took advantage of that time and made these delicious pumpkin pancakes. They were super easy and even more delicious than they were easy! Bottom line = they're a must try. :)

The recipe is from Sunset magazine, and I found it online from myrecipes.com. The site actually provides a recipe for ginger butter but I did not make that. It sounds great though!

Ingredients:

-1 cup all-purpose flour (I used half AP and half whole wheat)
-2 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
-1 tsp. baking powder
-1/2 tsp. baking soda
-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
-1/2 tsp. ground ginger
-1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
-1/4 tsp. salt
-1 large egg
-3/4 cup milk (I used 1%)
-3/4 cup canned pumpkin
-1/4 cup yogurt (I did not add this; I only had greek yogurt on hand and didn't want to open a container of it to use for this recipe, so I just didn't add it - worked out totally fine!)
-2 Tbsp. butter, melted (I did not add the butter either!)

Instructions:

In a large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients from the flour through the salt. In another bowl, mix together the egg, milk, pumpkin, yogurt, and melted butter. Stir together the wet and dry ingredients until they're just combined.

Over medium heat, coat a skillet with butter and place batter on pan in 1/4 to 1/3 cup portions. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until pancakes are browned. Flip and cook the other side, about 2 to 3 more minutes. As you're continuing to cook the remaining batter, transfer the done pancakes to a baking dish and keep warm in the oven (at around 200 degrees). Serve with butter, maple syrup, or toppings of your choice! For me, this made about 12 pancakes that were probably 3 inches or so in diameter.






For a fun side, I sliced some orchard fresh apples and "dressed" them with a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon!



Pumpkin pancake perfection.

:)

1 comment:

  1. Well, you know how I feel about pumpkin! I'm pretty much always looking for the next best recipe. These pancakes look awesome! Totally added to my list to try.

    ReplyDelete