Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Favorites, 9.9.11

Friday is here!!!!! Woohoo. It was really nice to have a short, 4-day work week. For this week's Friday Favorites, I thought I'd share some of my new favorite additions to my kitchen! Oh, and in case you were missing Friday Favorites last week, my apologies... I was a busy gal last Friday, running 19 miles (my longest run yet!) and also just running all over doing a gazillion things (truly, a gazillion), which caused me to completely neglect the blog. Oopsies! And speaking of 19 miles, I just realized that my first marathon is one month from today! That's right. On October 9th, I'll be running (hopefully!) my first ever marathon.

K, onto some newly developed favorites...

My birthday was last month, and I received some awesome baking and cooking related items. I wonder why people give me those types of items? Hmmmm. People know me so well! 

Mike gave me this ice cream maker! I'd been saying for a while that I've wanted one, and Mike clearly picked up on that. ;-)


Last night we made our first batch...


We made peanut butter chocolate chip! Oh my. Deeelicious. It was quite rich! But oh so good. The recipe will be on the blog in the near future...


The peanut butter chip was a recipe from the Cuisinart recipe book that came with the machine, but I also received this ice cream recipe cookbook for my b'day from my sister:


And I plan to make my next flavor of homemade ice cream from this book! I've read through several recipes so far, and I'm thinking either pumpkin or cinnamon...two very fall-like flavors. Heck, maybe I'll combine them and make pumpkin cinnamon!

I also received this fabulous Martha Stewart Cupcakes cookbook. Yay!


A girl can never have too many cupcake books. Some delicious recipes I'm eyeing already in here? Snickerdoodle cupcakes, roasted banana cupcakes, and pumpkin brown butter cupcakes. If the quality of the cupcakes in this book is anything like the quality of the several cookie recipes I've made in my Martha Stewart Cookies book, then we're in for some awesome treats! 

And in my last post of zucchini cake whoopie pies with maple buttercream filling, I mentioned this great book too that I received for my b'day:


Can't wait to try more from this fun book!

And lastly, my Mom also gave me some super cute dishes that I'm sure you'll see on the blog from time to time...




How cute are these? Love 'em!

Have a wonderful weekend! We're off to our second wedding of this month! And then we'll be focusing on planning our own. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ok - those plates are ADORABLE!!! Love finding cute little knick knacks and such for the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete