Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Favorites, 4.15.11

Happy Tax Day! Hope all of you have done your taxes and aren't scrambling to finish them this weekend. ;-) 


Above are a few spring-like words for you. I hope the weather is giving you spring fever, wherever you are!

Now, onto this week's Friday Favorites!

1) Kale chips

In my first edition of Friday Favorites on April 1st, I mentioned a few kale recipes given to us by the lovely Jenn at LiveWellFitNow. Remember how I said that cooking with kale was on my to-do list? Well, I can finally cross it off! I made Jenn's delicious kale chips this week. YUMMM, friends! So delicious. These will become a regular recipe in my kitchen.


Here is some fresh kale before I baked it... SO bright n' green! All you do is drizzle the kale with olive oil, salt, and pepper (and grated cheese if you wish, but I did not)...


Here are the chips after they were baked! Notice the slightly browned color. That's just what you're looking for when you make these. They become nice and crispy at that point - kinda like biting into a potato chip! No, they taste nothing like potato chips though. ;-) I think Jenn was very accurate when she described the taste as a combo of roasted asparagus and roasted broccoli. I could not get enough of these!!!! Just loved 'em. You should try them too! They're a wonderful, healthy snack, side dish, or addition to a salad perhaps? :)

2) Spring Butterfly Cookies by Annie's Eats

Click on the link... How gorgeous are those cookies? Wow. Love the colors!



I don't know if any of you out there have a mini spatula, but if you do not have one, you must get one! You just must. I've had mine for several years now, and it's one of my kitchen utensils that I just couldn't go without. It's perfect for scooping out that first brownie or bar from the pan! It's great for smaller cookies too. I've been using mine quite often in the past couple weeks since I've been making a few batches of my Pillsbury Bake-Off bars (recipe will be revealed next week!). I've used my mini spatula to dish out the bars and feed them to my coworkers who've been the best taste-testers ever. :)

Have a fantastic weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment