Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cooking Light Peanut Butter Banana Bread


Hi! Boy, do I have a yummy recipe for you here. :) Peanut Butter Banana Bread! I saw this recipe in my latest Cooking Light magazine, and I knew I needed to try it. Deeelish!

I won't chat too much today...I'll just get to the point with the recipe here and pictures below!


The recipe calls for allspice, but I didn't have any, so I added cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Also, it calls for 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, but I split the amount in half and put in 3/4 cup all-purpose and 3/4 cup whole wheat flour.


Banana, eggs, butter, peanut butter, and yogurt. Yum!


I used banana flavored yogurt - it probably really didn't make much difference in the banana flavor, but I like to think it did. :)


A couple tablespoons of chopped dry roasted peanuts are called for... I often steer clear of nuts as they're not my personal favorite, but I decided to put them in this recipe. I'm glad I did! They added a nice texture to the bread.


The batter, all set to go!



The recipe made one large loaf and one small loaf for me.




A pic of the bread without a flash...


And with a flash! I'm still playing around with picture taking.

The recipe also includes a glaze made of peanut butter, powdered sugar, and milk. I actually didn't make it though! To be honest, the reason I didn't make it was that I was feeling lazy at the time. :( But you know what? I don't think I missed the glaze at all! I mean, I'm sure it's quite delicious and a nice addition to the bread, but the bread itself is quite yummy too on its own.

I made this peanut butter banana bread recipe for the first time a couple weeks ago, and then just this past weekend I made it again but this time in muffin form! I LOVE this recipe. The peanut butter flavor is subtle (but still noticeable) and the bread (or muffins) is very moist! It's just a yummy recipe no matter how you look at it. ;-)  I actually think I preferred the muffins slightly - they seemed even more moist and flavorful than the bread! The same recipe for the bread made approximately 15 regular sized muffins and 10 mini muffins. I didn't end up putting the nuts in the muffins because I didn't have any on hand at the time.

Here's a mini muffin!



Now go use up those ripe bananas and try this tasty treat! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment