Thursday, May 2, 2013

Spice Cake Snickerdoodles




Apparently this week I'm all about snickerdoodles! Earlier in the week I posted a recipe for snickerdoodle bread (which is sooo good), and now I'm bringing you a twist on snickerdoodle cookies in the form of spice cake snickerdoodles! What makes them spice cake snickerdoodles? Well, I'm glad you asked!


The base of this recipe is a boxed cake mix. A spice cake mix. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know my thoughts on cake mix cookies... Although I prefer to bake from scratch, every now and then a gal needs her shortcuts. And that's where cake mix comes in! I've made many different cake mix cookie recipes over the years, and now I bring you another one. It couldn't be easier! Thanks to the cake mix, the recipe requires very few ingredients, and you don't need an electric mixer either. Everything's done by hand in one bowl!


Ingredients:

-1 box spice cake mix (e.g., Betty Crocker)
-2 eggs
-1/3 cup vegetable oil
-3 Tbsp. sugar
-1 tsp. cinnamon

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil until well-incorporated. In a separate, small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon. Form the cookie dough into 1-inch balls, and roll each ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture until it's well coated. Place on prepared cookie sheets, and bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until the cookie springs back if you touch it with a finger (and the tops of the cookies are "cracked"). Let sit on cookie sheet for a couple minutes before cooling completely on cooling rack. Store in airtight container. Makes 18 to 22 cookies.


You are going to love the ease of this recipe! And of course, you're also going to love the taste of these cookies. The cinnamon sugar coating around the cookies is what put these over the top for me. Love that!



Spice cake is one of my favorite types of cakes. But in cookie form? It's even better. If presented with a cookie and a slice of cake and told that I could only have one, I think I'd actually select the cookie over the cake about 9 out of 10 times. ;)


Check it out - our cat, Whiskey, photobombed one of my pictures! Too funny. He just popped right up there as I was taking a picture. Guess he wanted in on these spice cake snickerdoodles too. :)


And while we're on a snickerdoodle kick, here are a few other snickerdoodle recipes from my blog!

Maple Snickerdoodles (from scratch, not cake mix)







No comments:

Post a Comment