Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Jumbo Oreo-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tomorrow, August 15th, is my 30th birthday. 


I'm not worried or anxious about turning 30; in fact, I'm excited and looking forward to it. So excited that I thought I'd make myself some jumbo (and I mean juuuumbo!) Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies. ;) I have so many wonderful blessings in my life...why worry about my age? I've got more important things to worry about, like making some delicious treats to share with you all!

Now, I didn't actually make these cookies for my own birthday, but it does just so happen that I made them at the beginning of my birthday week. When I was home this past weekend for my bridal shower (more on that later this week!), both my mom and my sister happened to give me some Birthday Cake Oreos (that were made in honor of Oreo's 100th birthday this past March) for my birthday. So naturally I had to bake with them! I had seen Oreo-stuffed cookies all over the web, so I knew right away that's what I'd make with my birthday Oreos. :)


The recipe is taken directly from Picky Palate's recipe for Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. I decided to call them Jumbo because, well, they're huuuuge!  I measured the cookies, and they were each about 5 inches wide. Wow!

Ingredients:

-2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
-3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
-1 cup sugar
-2 eggs
-1 Tbsp. vanilla (I added only 2 tsp.)
-3 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
-1 tsp. salt
-1 tsp. baking soda
-10 oz. milk chocolate chips (you could easily substitute another kind of baking chip here)
-Oreos!

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a stand mixer or in a bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until well combined. Add in the eggs and vanilla, and mix until well combined. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Take one generous scoop of cookie dough (I'd estimate close to two tablespoons worth), and top the cookie dough with an Oreo. Take another similar sized scoop of dough, and put it on top of the Oreo to form a sandwich. Seal the edges together by pressing and forming the cookie dough all the way around the Oreo. Place dough balls at least 3 inches apart on cookie sheet so they don't run into each other, as they will spread while baking. Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown (the original recipe said to bake for 9 to 13 minutes, but my cookies took quite a bit longer due to their large size). After removing cookies from oven, let sit on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack to cool completely.


The inside creme filling of the birthday cake Oreos actually tastes like cake batter! And it has fun little sprinkles of color in there too. :)




These cookie dough balls are the biggest I've ever baked!


I didn't place mine far enough apart on the cookie sheet, so they ran into each other a little bit.


The recipe says that it makes about two dozen cookies, but I only got 14 out of this recipe! Perhaps I put too much dough around the Oreos. Oh well. It was fun this way. :) With their large size, these cookies are perfect for sharing!



Best stuffed cookie ever! Well, I guess I can't say that for sure, but this is definitely a pretty darn awesome cookie!

 

This recipe was incredibly easy! The chocolate chip cookie dough was a breeze to put together (and it's a very good recipe too - the cookies are nice and soft). And as you can see from the pictures above, the step that involved stuffing the Oreo was super simple too. This would be a really fun recipe to involve the kids with!


Apparently I like stuffing baked goodies with Oreos. Remember my Oreo-stuffed chocolate cupcakes?!?


I'm pretty sure that you're going to want to drop what you're doing and go buy some Oreos now so you can bake these cookies.

Am I right?

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment