Thursday, June 23, 2011

Friday Favorites, 6.24.11


Friday Friday! It's here! Woohoo. It's been a very busy week, and due to the busy nature of this week, my Friday Favorites is going to be rather simple. I'm going to share with you a few recipes that I bookmarked this week and hope to make at some point...maybe in the near future but maybe not. We shall see. Either way, they're now on my to-do list!

1) Toasted Coconut Cookies from Sugarcrafter

What a unique cookie! Mmmmm. :) I am very excited to make these!


2) Whole Wheat Beer Bread from Simply Life

You all know that I love baking with beer, drinking it, AND brewing it. This simple beer bread looks so yummy! And it only has five ingredients! Yet another recipe that I can't wait to try...


(this photo was taken after my second half marathon in February 2011 in California...I will run for beer...guaranteed ;-))

3) Ice Pops with Real Fruit from EveryDay with Rachael Ray Magazine

I saw these in my latest issue of my Rachael Ray Magazine, and right away, I knew I had to try making them sometime soon this summer!! There are several flavor ideas...double berry, green apple, peach iced tea... I mean, YUM!


Guess that means I should invest in some ice pop molds now, huh? :)

4) Strawberry Rhubarb Pie from Brown Eyed Baker

Strawberry rhubarb pie is my ALL-TIME FAVORITE flavor of pie. I'm not sure if the Brown Eyed Baker's version would ever quite live up to my grandmother's (which is the best ever!), but it sure does look amazingly good! If you love the strawberry and rhubarb combo like I do, also be sure to check out my strawberry rhubarb crumb bars if you haven't already. 

I'm heading home to upstate NY this weekend for some fun events...including being the commencement speaker at my hometown's high school graduation! It's quite the honor and I'm really looking forward to it. :)

Have a fabulous, fun-filled weekend, Barbershop friends!

4 comments:

  1. That's so cool you're the commencement speaker! What an honor :) Have so much fun!

    PS - LOVE Brown Eyed Baker - she's one of my favorites in the baking space ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have such awesome round-ups! Good luck with the commencement speaking! What an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the shout-out...you definitely need to make that bread! And I need to make those popsicles- yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, everyone! Means a lot to me! :)

    ReplyDelete