Sunday, December 26, 2010

Cranberry White Chocolate Cinnamon Chip Bars


Am I really back in the Barbershop so soon? Yes! I am relaxing at home with my parents and thankful that I did not have to drive back to Boston today in the BLIZZARD! I took a couple extra days off from work, and I'm very glad I did. So, as I have some extra time here relaxing, I thought I'd share another tasty treat with you. And also, guess what I just realized? This recipe is my 85th blog post!! Neat. :)

This recipe is another one of the treats I made for my coworkers over the holidays. And they're yet another super easy and delicious goodie!! I loved the process of making these bars. All you had to do was put one layer on top of another and then bake! Seriously. It was that simple. These bars were a bit on the sweet side, but if you just have a bite-sized size bar, then it's not too sweet, I promise. I loved the combination of flavors in these bars too...white chocolate, graham cracker, cranberry, coconut, cinnamon...yummmm. The recipe is from an awesome blog, Our Best Bites (I've referenced it a few times at the Barbershop already). Here's the recipe!

Okay, enough talking - onto pics!


Ingredients!


The butter needs to be melted; save a dish and just melt it in the pan in the preheating oven!


While the butter is melting, prepare the remaining ingredients like the chopped pecans.


The other ingredients, ready to go...


 Melted butter!


Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over top, and press them down into the butter evenly.


Next up is sweetened condensed milk.


Coconut!


Cinnamon chips - LOVE these.


White chocolate chips.


Chopped pecans.


And finally, dried cranberries (I used craisins)!


Here are the bars, fresh out of the oven! They browned a bit more than I would have liked on the edges, but it didn't really affect the taste at all since they weren't actually burned.


It's important to let the bars cool completely before you cut them. I cut about 40 bars or so out of my 13 x 9 pan. I laid out these bars for my "assembly line" when I was putting together treats (30 bags worth!) for my coworkers.

You must try these bars. You just must! ;-)

See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment