Saturday, October 30, 2010

Grilled Peanut Butter Banana Jam Sandwich


Grilled peanut butter banana jam sandwich. It's a mouthful to say but a very tasty mouthful to eat. :) If you're in the mood for a comfort food that's also a breeze to make, this is it! I'm not sure when I started making grilled peanut butter sandwiches or where I got the idea, but I'm glad I did! This is super simple, somewhat healthy (maybe not the best but there are worse things out there ;-)), and quite delicious.

For this version I'm sharing with you, I used creamy peanut butter, sliced banana, and strawberry jam. But there are other combos you can use too! You could just stick to the classic pb ans j, or just pb and banana, or maybe even peanut butter and nutella??? Woah. That'd be delicious, I bet.

Essentially, you make the sandwich just like you would a grilled cheese sandwich. Spread a little butter or margarine on the outside of the bread and just grill on the stove for a couple minutes on each side until the bread is a light golden brown and the ingredients are nicely melted and ooey gooey.








It couldn't be easier! YUMMMM. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Yo Coleen! This sandwich looks deadly. I might make it using the George Foreman. Don't tell Brent. In the meantime, can't wait to see you Tuesday! -Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenn & Terry! I do hope you try this sandwich! And when you do, let me know what you think. ;-) Thanks for stopping by the Barbershop!

    ReplyDelete