Tuesday, April 6, 2010

M & M and Chocolate Chippers!


Hola and Happy belated Easter, friends! I have realized that I start to suffer blog withdrawal if I go more than five days or a week without blogging... I crave it! Too bad I don't have more time on my hands. Or, then again, maybe it's a good thing I don't have too much free time. I'd be a blogging fool. ;-) Others may argue that I already am, however...

Anyway, this post will be on the shorter side, as this recipe for "M & M and Chocolate Chippers" is essentially a repeat recipe of an earlier post...just with dark chocolate m & m's added. :) You can find the recipe for chocolate chip cookies that I followed here. It's an original recipe from Mike's mom, Linda (thanks, Linda!). If you happen to remember that chocolate chip cookie post back in December, you may recall that I made a slight error when I added baking powder instead of baking soda. Oopsie! They actually still turned out well, but this time I was much more careful about paying attention to my ingredients!


I made this last batch of cookies around Easter time, so you can see the Easter, pastel colored m & m's that I used - they were dark chocolate too! So these cookies were obviously super healthy with lots of antioxidants. ;-) I added approximately one cup of both chocolate chips and m & m's.






Now, I have to admit that I thought these cookies were reeeeeally good. I don't typically tout my own baking, but they sure were tasty! I have other people to vouch for this though. One coworker ate five cookies in one sitting, and he told me the cookies had an "addictive" quality to them. :) This batch just the right texture and chewiness for cookies, in my opinion. I don't love crispy cookies, and these were not crispy. They were soft and chewy and just plain delicious. The beauty of a basic recipe like that for chocolate chip cookies is that you can add any "filler" ingredients that you want! I often enjoy moving away from the traditional items like chocolate chips, and I might add things like other types of baking chips (e.g., peanut butter, butterscotch, cinnamon - yes, they have cinnamon chips!). Additional ideas include toffee bits, chopped up candy bars (I mean, can you go wrong with bits of Snickers in a cookie? I think not), nuts, dried fruit bits, etc. Be creative! Change it up! What are YOUR favorite cookie "filler" ingredients? I'd love to hear from you!!




No comments:

Post a Comment