Thursday, April 22, 2010

Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Topping


Hi friends! It's been a while since I posted about our lobstah dinner...I've been meaning to post sooner, but alas, life gets in the way! This post will be a relatively short one for me, but it's a deeeelicious one, I promise you. This past weekend I was home in upstate NY, and Mom gave me the reigns on Sunday morning to make something with the blueberries she had (she had put some fresh ones from last summer in the freezer to keep - and they still tasted fresh and yummy several months later!). I considered making a blueberry coffee cake, but we were all hungry and I didn't want to wait as long as it would take for a coffee cake to bake! So, I went with the tried and true blueberry muffin, which everyone loves. :)

I ended up using a previous recipe I had posted, so that made life quite easy as well. And it's making this blog post simple too - no need to repeat the recipe! I'll just provide you with a link to the muffin recipe here (it was my "berry delicious muffins" recipe). This time instead of using a berry medley, I just used blueberries; hence, the name of this post, "blueberry muffins with streusel topping." I am so original!


You can see the nice, plump blueberries here in the batter!

By the way, start to finish (including baking time), this recipe does not take much more than a half hour. Piece of cake...er, muffin! I think I've used that joke before. Sorry. ;-)

This time around, the recipe made 12 regular sized muffins plus one bigger muffin baked in a silicone muffin cup, as you can see pictured here. No need to grease it even!




I know - why don't you make your own muffins this coming weekend? I think that's a grand idea! Oh, and the next post I have planned is another breakfast item....but as to what it is exactly, I won't tell you yet. Ooooh, the suspense! Talk to you again soon, friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment