Thursday, August 8, 2013

No-Bake Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites


You can never have enough no-bake recipes, in my opinion! I love no-bake treats. They're perfect for the hot days of summer or for those days (year round!) when you're short on time in the kitchen. 


And today's no-bake recipe is a particularly fun one. I have for you Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookie dough bites! Yes, that's right. There's a whole lot of goodness going on in these little guys. We've got a yummy cookie dough outside (and don't worry; the cookie dough is eggless and safe to eat ;)) wrapped around a bite-sized piece of Oreo. Helloooo delicious!



The original recipe is from Picky Palate. I modified it only slightly; the recipe calls for mini chocolate chips, but I didn't have them on hand so I used regular-sized chocolate chips. I actually do think I'd prefer to use mini ones though! Next time. I just didn't want to make a trip to the store to buy mini chips since I already had regular ones on hand.

Ingredients:

-1 stick unsalted butter, softened
-1/2 cup granulated sugar
-1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1/4 tsp. salt
-3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or 1 cup mini chocolate chips)
-regular-sized Oreos, cut into 1/4th's (or, mini Oreos)

Instructions:

Mix the butter and both sugars together with an electric mixer. Beat on medium high for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy. Add vanilla, beating until well combined. Add flour and salt, and mix well. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips. Line counter top or a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop cookie dough by 1-inch rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment. Press center of dough down with your fingertip to make an indent for the Oreo piece/mini Oreo. Place Oreo on dough, and then top with a bit more dough, enough to cover the Oreo. Roll dough to form a ball around the Oreo so that it's fully concealed. Store in airtight container in fridge. Serve cold or at room temperature. Makes about 12 to 14 bites.


This recipe is totally flexible too in terms of what filling you use! I used only Oreos because I just wanted to keep it simple. However, there are so many other possibilities... You could try other candy like Reese's peanut butter cups or Butterfinger or York Peppermint Patty (oooooh). Or, as is suggested in the original recipe post, you could even put a bite-sized piece of brownie in there! Or maybe even a dollop of Nutella?! Oh boy.


One of my coworkers called these "little bombs of awesomeness." I'd have to agree!



These cookie dough bites are so fun. A perfect treat for any occasion!



Hope everyone's having a great week - happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment