Thursday, September 1, 2011

Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


I've been very excited to share this recipe for you (along with the several others patiently waiting to go on the blog!). This recipe for flourless peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies was soooo easy. And the cookies tasted soooo good. Need I say more? Didn't think so. ;-)

This recipe was adapted from Amandeleine.

Ingredients:

-1 cup peanut butter (any kind will do, I think)
-3/4 cup granulated sugar
-1 large egg, slightly beaten
-1/2 tsp. baking soda
-1/4 tsp. salt
-1 cup chocolate chunks or chips (any kind; I used semi-sweet because that's all I happened to have on hand)
-3/4 cup quick oats (this was my addition; the original recipe did not call for oatmeal)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, stir the peanut butter, sugar, egg, baking soda, and salt until combined. Stir in the chocolate and oats.

Place the dough on prepared pans by the teaspoonful, placing the balls about two inches apart. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until slightly browned.






Simple (takes less than 5 minutes to mix the ingredients together!), delicious (pb & chocolate - always a winner, and the cookies were super soft and chewy), and on the healthy side as far as cookies go (oatmeal? pb? totally justified as health food)... ;-)

7 comments:

  1. I love how plump these cookies look - I can tell they came out incredibly delicious. Can't beat the combo of pb and chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are definitely perfect for those days when I really want something sweet but happen to have run out of flour (happens far too often)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to try these for my gluten-free son. He'll really appreciate them, plus they look so good! Thanks Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely delicious! I was out of eggs, so I substituted 1/2 a banana, and they turned out just as amazing! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you think I could substitute almond butter or sunflower seed butter for these? Both are a little runnier than, say, Jif or Skippy peanut butter, more along the lines of natural-stir-the-oil-in peanut butter. We have a peanut allergy, but these look so easy and good, I'd love to use another kind of nut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy! I think you could definitely give it a shot! I actually just found a very similar recipe with just almond butter, egg, and sugar:

    http://glutenfreegirl.com/almond-butter-cookies-choocolate-chips-good/

    Good luck! Would love to hear how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I enjoy reading through your article. I wanted to write a little comment to support you.
    Also see my website - best oatmeal cookie recipe

    ReplyDelete