Saturday, January 22, 2011

3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies


Hi friends! I hope those of you who live in the northern latitudes are staying warm. BRRRR. It sure is cold out there this weekend!! You know, you can always warm up by making the split pea, carrot, and cannellini bean soup I posted about a few days ago. ;-) And then, for a dessert option, how about these quick 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies? I tell ya - these are the easiest cookies EVER!! 

Can you guess which three ingredients go into these tasty treats? I bet you guessed peanut butter...I mean, that's pretty obvious. The other two? Egg and sugar! That's all. I promise. This link will show you the recipe that I followed. If you're like me, you always have pb, eggs, and sugar on hand, so you can make these in a flash at anytime! 


Another nice quality of these cookies is that they're flourless, so they're friendly to anyone who eats gluten-free. Also, a quick note...although the recipe calls for 1 cup of regular white sugar, you could split that to be 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar. I did not do that for my first time making these, but I plan to try it next time!





As you can see, I did the whole criss cross with a fork thing with some sugar sprinkled on top for a classic peanut butter cookie feel. :)


Do you know what I'm holding up here? It's a bowl scraper, and it's an amazing little tool you should have in your kitchen if you don't already have one! My sister gave me this little guy from King Arthur Flour.


Look at how clean that bowl is!

Now, I decided to not just make the traditional peanut butter cookie. I made about one-third of the batch into regular cookies, and then I added two different toppings to the other two-thirds. On some, I pressed down on top of the cookies with my thumb to make room for some Heath toffee bits.




And on the others, I put dark chocolate Hershey kisses, so the cookies were like peanut blossoms! If you haven't made peanut blossoms before, simply have the unwrapped kisses ready to go when the cookies come out of the oven, and then gently press a chocolate kiss onto each cookie!



Here are my final products. :)  I got about 2 dozen cookies out of one batch, but they were pretty small cookies. I think they're fun to eat that way though - they're practically bite size! These were super simple and super yummy...what's not to love about that? ;-)


Linking up with Sweet as Sugar Cookies! Check it out!

Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. These are amazing! Very addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those peanut butter cookies sound unbelievable. I'm really liking your idea about the toffee and will have to try that the next time I make PB cookies. I have a new linky on my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link this up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/01/sweets-for-saturday-1_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for linking this up with Sweets for a Saturday. I truly appreciate your support. Hope to see you again next week. By then, I'll have a cute button that you can grab and add to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might be making these within...the hour! So yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, hope to see you again soon too! Jenn, let me know how yours turn out!

    ReplyDelete